Small Parts Ultrasound (Thyroid, Testes, …)
Surface ultrasound scan is used to obtain images of thyroid, salivary glands, lymph glands, breasts, testicles and some superficial lumps. Scans do not rely on X-rays but on ultrasounds that are emited in the shape of short impulses.
Ultrasound scan of breasts may be prescribed as complementary to mammography.
Surface scans are very basic exams, painless and without side effects.
+Make an appointment
Make an appointment or by calling one of these two Radiologie PB clinics :
- Longueuil clinic, located on Chemin Chambly : (450) 646-3520
- Radiologie Montérégie : 450-674-0909
+Duration of the exam
- From 5 to 15 minutes for the exam.
- Allow between 30 to 60 minutes for the total duration of your visit.
+Cost of the exam
This examination is covered by RAMQ.
- Single breast scan: ---
- Double breast scan: ---
- Thyroid scan: ---
- Testicles scan: ---
- Surface scan of a lump / other scan: ---
- Most collective and private insurance plans reimburse these examination fees. Enquire with your insurer.
As soon as you arrive at the clinic, you are invited to register with reception employee.
Make sure you have with you:
- your medical card from RAMQ
- a valid prescription slip signed by your doctor.
- cash, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card.
In order to facilitate the flow throughout your visit, we suggest you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment scheduled time.
No preparation required on your part.
A few minutes after your registration, a member of our team will accompany you to a changing booth in order for you to put on an examination coat.
You will be guided to the examination room where the radiologist will apply a gel on the body part to be examined and, with a probe, will obtain images.
At certain times, it may be necessary to apply la light pressure in the examined area. You may feel a light temporary discomfort.
It is important to carefully follow instructions for the easy progression of the exam and image quality.
For all examinations, a radiologist must first analyze the numerous pictures taken before emitting a final report. Following your exam, a short overview of the results may be issued, at radiologist's discretion. Your doctor will receive a written final report within 24 to 48 hours.
- If you come for a breast ultrasound scan, it is VERY IMPORTANT to bring with you previous mammography pictures and breast ultrasound scans (on film or CD) and related reports.
- Bring in a valid prescription slip signed by your doctor.
- Plan for payment of exam, cash, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card. Personal checks and American Express card are not accepted.
- Bring in your medical card from RAMQ (in order to access your file or to create one).